Monday, July 17, 2017

Don't forget

Anxiety ridden, bed sittin 
Knees pulled up to my chest trying to forget about the rest
But how can ya forget the moment that you met, and every second since then you've been thinking how he left. 
It's hard out here wearin your heart on your sleeve knowin it's perfectly clear that he could always leave 
In a city that never sleeps people always need extra attention from another hopin your girl will always be 
There for ya, in the dark with tears streamin down her face knowing you're the cause babe this is not a race

So here's where it started 
Thinking we'd never be parted 
Wanting everything we had 
Never knowing in the end it would be me that would be sad
How can ya ever please someone with so much goin on 
Fairy tales on tv, slutty girls who always need
Attention. That's it. That's every little bit 
Attention seeking, secret meetings. Thinkin he's never gonna slip 
But what about me? Building up their confidence but tearin me piece by piece 

Blood pumpin, mind racin, anger through my eyes 
How could I've been so stupid not to see through his lies. 
I'm sorry, I'm stupid, I regret every single word
Too late I'm broken I never should have heard 
The voices telling me that everything's okay
But knowing reality will never go away 

So now what? Trust him? 
The memories will never fade.
I'm tired of being the only one who has to change 
There's gotta be an answer god please help me see
Why there's no answer to these questions that I need

Pray for me here I go jumping through the sky 
Holdin onto nothin hopin he won't let me die 

No comments:

Post a Comment