Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Give Me Regret

Give me regret. 


I want all of my mistakes. I want all of my hardships. All of the bad people in my life. All of the sadness. All of the hurt. All of the hatred. All of the war and crime. The heartbreak. The death. The hopelessness. The sleepless nights. The cold. The emptiness. The feelings of being lost and unsure of who I am or what I'm supposed to do with my life. 

I'll take it all. 

In exchange for the good. The nights I won't forget. The amazing friends who have come and gone in my life and will continue to do so. The warm nights spent with loved ones. The hope. The happiness. But most of all the love. I'll take it all for the love. Love of this world and my life and my hopes and dreams. The love of my family and future. The love of my friends who spent those lonely nights with me in hopes of making it a little less lonely for all of us. The love that your heart shares with another in so many ways.

So give me all of the regrets. Give me all of the mistakes. Because it means I get to feel the hope and the happiness and the love too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment