Sunday, July 22, 2012

Busy, Crazy, Sleepy





My blog is called “Livin’ Day to Day” but no one would really know what I do “day to day” because I don’t write it “day to day” and I will tell you why. Working every day from five in the morning till 3:30 or 9 is really exhausting. All I ever want to do is go home and sleep! So it’s not completely my fault. But I do apologize. Even though I don’t even know if anyone even reads my blog anymore. I’m going to try to write more often. I know I will be able to once school starts and I will have a more regular schedule.
Well I wish I had some exciting things to talk about but since my life doesn’t consist of really anything but work and sleep and eating…there’s not much to it. I went up to Priest Lake this weekend, and last weekend. Last weekend the weather was pretty crappy. On Saturday I just went target shooting up in the woods with the family. It was pretty fun. And then it rained all that night but Sunday afternoon it got nice so I got to go swimming. The water is actually pretty warm…for Priest. It was still nice to be there. My family has been going there for over 50 years straight now. Every summer. About two weeks. Actually my parents and uncle and I used to go two weeks camping at the campground and then another week or two camping on the islands. That was what I call a great summer. But now I only get to go on weekends?! Growing up really sucks you know that? Plus, I missed like the biggest storm that has gone through there in awhile. It was cuhrazzy, according to my family. You should hear my little cousin Rylee tell the story. It’s classic. But apparently the wind was picking up and it was pouring out. My cousin Tara literally saw a tree fall right between her camper and pickup and it was about a foot away from the pickup. After that point everyone was evacuated from the campground area. Not that anyone could move their cars because trees were falling all over the roads. Power lines were down and all electricity and sewage was out. Not that you need electricity or sewage when camping, but when people aren’t prepared not to have it…it kind of leaves you stranded. I was told six cars were crushed by trees, a few campers, and there was unfortunately one fatality. A guy I think in his sixties was driving on one of the roads near the lake and a tree came down on his car. I only saw the aftermath of it all and them cleaning it all up. But it makes me think how bad real natural disasters must be. Like tornados and hurricanes. I can’t even imagine. I am just thankful that everyone in my family is okay and that they got lucky and no trees crushed any of their stuff.
It was nice to be out at the lake, though. Even if for just a short period of time. It was a nice little get away from the city. Although I wish I could go real camping. Like tents, no campground, fishing, peeing outdoors, cooking over the campfire, the works. Ya know? Preferably in Montana but I’m not picky. Hopefully I’ll get time to go.
One thing I am looking forward to: WATERSHED. Holy freaking cow I am so excited you have no idea. Blake, Miranda, Dirks Bentley, Thompson Square, Brantley Gilbert, the best of them. It would only be made better if Luke, Taylor, Brad, Jason, Kenny, Tim, and Carrie were all there. Then it’d be perfect. But again, I’m not picky. I’m about to get my country on. Plus at that point I’ll be done working…until I find a job in Pullman. So it’ll be like a little vacation and getaway before I have to go back to school. SO so excited. So excited. Can you tell that I am excited? Just a little bit.
Well work hasn’t been too crazy exciting either. I like working at MacKenzie River and all, but some of the people there are just too dramatic for my liking. All of the people are great, they just like to create drama with each other. That I don’t really experience at my other job at Berg. I love working at Berg. You’d think between hosting and doing physical labor, that the hosting would be the preferable job, but it’s not. When hosting, eventually every time either customers get pissy at you, or the waiters do if you don’t give them the right tables or give them too many tables. Whereas at my other job, I’m not constantly irritating someone…that I know of. As long as I’m not spilling glue everywhere or attaching the wrong end of something to the wrong side. There probably is some drama there, but not nearly as much and not nearly as evident to me. Probably because most people there are much older than the people at MacKenzie. I haven’t met a single person at Berg that I don’t like yet, though. And truthfully, I really don’t want to leave there. I kinda wish I went to school in Spokane so that I could keep working there. Oh well. You can’t have everything I suppose.
Well I feel like if anyone is reading this, I’ve bored you enough so I’ll probably turn in so I’m not so tired at four o’clock in the morning…bleh. Well goodnight y’all. Looking forward to more blogs.
Oh and my mom showed me this comic strip and said it reminded her of me. Think she’s trying to tell me something?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment