Sunday, June 9, 2013

One day at a Time

Sometimes happiness requires patience, focus, and a lot of hard work. You would think that it shouldn't take effort to experience happiness. Well, it doesn't. It takes effort to put all of the bad out of your mind, take a step back, relax and enjoy what's going on around you. For some annoying reason, many of our brains are trained to think of the worst possible situations in any and sometimes EVERY situation. Maybe it is so that we as humans can no how to react in any given situation. Like, okay I'm happy right now but just in case the world is going to end in five hours I better prepare what I'm going to do about it. And if it ends up ending in 3 days instead, I'll be able to do this, this, and this. So it's not always easy to get out of that mind set once you put yourself in it. It's not always easy to look at your life and say I'm just going to be happy and whatever happens happens. I'll tackle the bumps in the road when I come across them. But no, for me I'm looking miles down the road trying to check for bumps that I can prepare for, even if there aren't any I can see. One might just pop up on me. Who knows. I'm not always like that. On other days I'm a one day at a time kinda girl. Just relaxing and soaking in the emotions I'm feeling whether they are happy or sad. 
And not to say that on the other days when I'm looking ahead the road that I'm not happy. I am happy. But it's like a multi tasking type happy where happiness is just one of the tasks on my to-do list along with anger, anxiety, hunger and sleepiness. And maybe that's the OCD side of me. It's like well I have this allotted period of time to be happy but I can't waste the whole day being happy because I have to fit stress over my homework in there somewhere. 
You might be thinking, wow, she's completely crazy. And maybe I am. But when I get to those days where I can just completely and utterly enjoy and soak in my happiness it is amazing. I wish I had every day to do it. But then the days would start to blend together and those days wouldn't feel so special. So yeah happiness might be on my to-do list occasionally but it makes me really appreciate those other days when I can let the happiness take me over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment