Friday, October 12, 2012

The Perfect Moment


            I know you all love it when you find that perfect song for the day/the moment/how you’re feeling. But have you ever experienced that day when EVERY song is just right? There’s not a single one that you don’t love and just want to dance to or sing along with or just sit there and enjoy it? Well that’s my day today. Yesterday I found a song that was absolutely perfect for how I was feeling, but today I am just loving every single one of them. Why, you might ask. I have no idea. This morning when Maggie left for school and I had an hour to do nothing, I decided to turn on my everything playlist on spotify and every song that came on either had me on my feet dancing or screaming out the words or just laying listening to them. I haven’t been in that good of a mood for what feels like a long time, and while I know it wasn’t going to last, for that moment and that hour of time, it was exactly what I needed. I felt like a little kid dancing in my room again. It gave me so much energy and spirit. I really just felt like it was the perfect moment for me. And sometimes you just need those. Because of those moments you know someone special up there is looking out for you, trying to cheer you up. It’s moments like those that helps me remember that no matter what happens, things will be alright.
            I enjoy looking for quotes that fit me or will make me feel better in whatever is going on in my life. I like to write, myself, because it’s like me quoting me on how I’m feeling, but occasionally things that other people say seem to fit you better. There’s this quote I found and it goes “It’s hard to wait for something you know might never happen; but it’s even harder to give up when you know it’s everything you want.” I feel like that fits me right now.
            On a less serious note: it’s Cougar Football Weekend! We play Cal tomorrow here at home and it’s a night game! So needless to say I’m rather excited for it. Tonight I’m going out with a bunch of friends. We call ourselves the blonde mafia since there’s five of us going out that are all blondes. I’m pretty excited to just get out and be happy and enjoy the weekend. I’ll still have some things on my mind but I’m going to try to set those aside and just live in the moment for the weekend and have fun. I want to sing, dance, laugh, and make great memories with my friends. That’s what I intend to do.

            Here’s a list (I love lists remember?) of the last songs that I’ve been listening to. Or just go to my “new music” playlist in spotify if you have it.

·        Dancing in the moonlight- Toploader
·        Everything you want- vertical horizon
·        God gave me you- blake Shelton
·        I try- macy gray
·        Tonight is the night- outasight
·        Swing swing- all American rejects
·        What’s my age again?- Blink-182
·        Dare you to move- switchfoot
·        Stand by me –Ben E. king

And the whole playlist is great, in my opinion obviously because I made it. So if you need to cheer up or just want to have a good time, close the curtains, actually just leave them open, if other people mind your dancing then they can go f…, they can just go away, crank up the music, sing along, and dance around. Trust me, it works. Have a good weekend errrybody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment