Monday, April 9, 2012

Four Weeks Left...WHAT??

            Had yet another exciting weekend at home. But it’s weird to think that the next time I go home I’ll be going home for the summer…weird. Time just goes way too fast. I cannot believe we only have four weeks left of our freshman year in college. It is absolutely crazy to believe. One year down, only a few more to go...well depending on whether or not I go to graduate school. Still, time is really flying by. But I am excited and looking forward to summer!
            So the weekend! Friday: Maggie and I went to a Mardi Gras themed fundraising party at one of the frats out in Cheney. It was…interesting. We almost got ourselves into trouble but we got lucky. And then we spent the night at our friend’s Niki and Nick’s apartment. It ended up being a fun night.
            Friday day and Saturday day I spent all day at East Valley high school watching my little cousin, Brendan, in his wrestling tournament. They are my family from Montana, the Barnes. I LOVED seeing them! Plus I got to see my other Montana-born family but now living in Idaho, JD and Jody and their son Chase. All the little kids, Chase, Brendan, Rylee and Will are getting so big!! I’m glad I got to see all of them. Brendan is such a tough little wrestler. And I’ll admit, it’s been quite awhile since I’ve watched wrestling. I forgot how intense it can get. It all reminds me of living back in Montana. People who make fun of Montana just don’t understand how great it is. You really have to live there to realize how nice it is there. I miss it. But I love Washington, too, of course. It is equally great here. It was nice to see my family, though.
            Saturday night was…just odd. Fun, but odd. And hilarious. Maggie and I went over to our friend Drew’s house. We were just playing some “beverage” games. And then, I don’t really know who started the idea, I think it was when Drew came out in his robe, but they decided they wanted to make a music video. So we all got dressed up in random items of clothing, and just danced around. Or at least that’s what Maggie and I did. I didn’t really know what I was doing! We did our whole Jabberwocky thing, too. And the greatest part about it…we got it all on video. And we ended the night trying to watch some movies but I think we were all a little distracted.
            Sunday was Easter, of course. The whole famn damily got together to enjoy the feast of so many yummy foods. Definitely one thing I love about going home is the food. As much as I enjoy WSU food…I prefer home-cooked food. And Sunday was the best food I’ve had in awhile. I’m looking forward to living in an apartment next year when we’ll have the choice of cooking our own food or not. It will be nice.
            Today, I had to drive back from Spokane to Pullman again. Boy is that a tiring drive when you have to wake up at 6 in the morning and then to have to go straight to all of your classes. Definitely squeezed in two naps today…hopefully that wont affect me too badly when I try to fall asleep here in a little bit. Just gotta make it through the next two days and then Thursday my mommy comes to Pullman for mom’s weekend! My aunt Tere is coming too but not till Friday since she’ll be traveling from the west side.
            I just talked to my new adviser today. Prior to this semester I planned on being a psychology major because I really love learning about psychology and I find it so intriguing and interesting. But I realized from my enjoyment of writing (for instance this blog), my love of reading, since I read as many books as I can, and how I’ve always loved my English classes, why the hell am I not majoring in English? I know I still have time to change my mind again if I choose to do so. But I just don’t see that happening. I really am so excited for my English classes next semester. I may still minor in Psychology or perhaps double major, but regardless, I know that English is my passion and that’s what I plan to pursue.
            Well, off to this week of classes, homework, and more job hunting! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment