Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mom's Weekend 2012

           Oh Lordy help us all. Yes, it has been Mom’s weekend 2012 here in good ol’ Pullman, Washington. Mine and my mom’s first Mom’s weekend at wazzu. There’s been good times and there’s been bad times, but we made it through it. And the future Mom’s weekends are just going to get crazier and crazier from here on out because next year, my other aunt, TT will be joining us so you know shit’s gonna go down.
            I got to show my mom around Pullman and we had a very nice time. She got to play her first pong game ever. Turns out she’s lefty. Who would’ve thought it?! And then she showed them boys up by beating them badly at the game of quarters. Come on Mom, don’t ya know that we youngins don’t play quarters? But we do have our large assortment of “beverage” games. It was fun, though. Except…
            Sydney (and by Sydney I mean me) wins the hot mess of the night award for last night! Whoop whoop! Yup I am the champion of that for the evening. Oh good gosh I think I scared away my cousin’s entire fraternity. You see when my mom and I drink “beverages” together I swear all my inner issues with her come out in one big blowout and if you’re in the firing line then you better watch yourself! Well all I can do now is just laugh for making a fool of myself. Leave it to me. Hey maybe all this crap will make for a good story in the book I will one day write. Who knows! The only thing that scares me is the fact that I know I was crying last night…but since I never looked in a mirror, I realize that I probably looked like a raccoon!! Gah. Oh well. Shit happens, right?
            Anyways. Two more freaking weeks and then we all get to go home for the summer! Seriously, right now I’m over this school thing. I just need a break. I have literally had a test in at least one of my classes every week for the past 7 weeks. It is ridiculous. I mean I should be happy that they are at least spaced out and I don’t have five tests in one week because that would suck. But still, they just keep coming. And I have another one this week. That’s eight weeks in a row! And then next week will make nine. And then finals week! Jeez professors, give me a break. Ah well, just gotta power through these last few weeks and I’ll be fine.
            So, this upcoming week I have a bio test to study for, a speech to rewrite and perform, and another speech to practice that we have to give at the end of next week, among other things. And then Friday I am driving to Spokane for a job interview, then going to drive back to Pullman with Maggie. Saturday Maggie and I get to go on a formal date dash with some friends. I’m so excited! We get to go to Coeur d’Alene and go out on the lake for our date. I’m glad that Maggie is going because we’ll need each other as wing-women. Gotta look out for each other! It should be fun, though. I’m definitely looking forward to it.
            Fun stuff to look forward to! And not so fun stuff, a.k.a. finals. But these next couple weeks should definitely go by fast. Can’t wait for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment