Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wipeout

            I want to go on the T.V. show “Wipeout”. I really wouldn’t care about winning, or even going on the show for that matter. I just really want to do one of the courses. They look…painfully fun. I think I would really have a blast on it. Although, someone told me they knew someone who tried out and they said the water is really, really cold. Which I wouldn’t necessarily be a fan of, but still, it would be fun to try. I think people make it look harder than it really is. Either that, or it’s actually harder than it looks.
            Well I know I was going to try to get a lot accomplished today when I had so much time with no class, but we all knew that wasn’t really going to happen. And it didn’t. Looks like I’m going to have a lot of homework to do this weekend, a.k.a. Sunday. Night. I’ll get around to it. I have to write an organized, five minute speech on the history of Halloween. My attractive, Welsh (with the accent) professor said he was excited to hear about it when he commented on my speech plan. ;) I’m over exaggerating his attractiveness. It’s really just the accent that gets me. He’s just average. Attractive for a professor, yes, but in general, just average. Anyways, I’m actually excited to give this speech. It should be interesting. I’m really glad only my classmates can see my speeches online, though. I’d be too embarrassed if I knew that anyone could see them. My last speech I had a nice southern accent. It was fabulous, y’all. I really hope there is enough information to cover five minutes. Yeah…five minutes isn’t long at all actually, so never mind. It’ll be fine. My main issue with the whole thing is that I just don’t want to plan out, research, and write the speech. You have to do it with the exact speech structure which is just tedious. Our last speech all we had to do was practice reading a manuscript and go for it. And in that one they were only listening to your voice, so in the screen you could be picking your nose, shaving your legs, or doing whatever you want and it didn’t matter. But this speech we have to research it, write it, practice it, and perform it through all aspects. I know that really isn’t that much, I’m just a lazy person. I shouldn’t complain though, because I really haven’t had very much homework lately. I’ll get around to it…
            Okay, I’m done pretending like this wasn’t the one thing that I wanted to talk about in my blog the whole time. The reason I’m writing my blog at 8:30 versus midnight tonight. I was sitting in my room an hour or so before my first and only class today and my roommate, Chanel, had just gotten back from her classes for the day. I was watching HGTV which I just love. The Property Brothers were on, my new favorite show. All of a sudden, with tears in her eyes, Chanel looks at me and says, “Oh my god have you seen the newest Hunger Games trailer??” Which of course I hadn’t. So she turns her computer towards me and unplugs her headphones and said, “I can’t watch it again, I don’t wanna cry”. As I sit there and watch the minute-long video, I too, had my eyes filling with tears. With the other trailers, I definitely get choked up easily when I watch them. But this one…there are no words. The background music to the trailer was Taylor Swift’s “Safe and Sound” song that is on the Hunger Games soundtrack. I am not only obsessed with the song, but I listen to it almost everyday. Multiple times a day, usually. The fact that they FINALLY combined both…was just too much for words. So I’ve watched it about 30 times now today. That, and they released a new scene from the movie. I hate that they do that, but I can’t help watch it anyways. I’m reading the books again and I’m trying to make them last till it comes out, but with spring break coming up, unless I find another book to capture my time, chances are I will finish them quicker than I want to. Sorry I talk so much about it, but I’m seriously obsessed. I can’t help it. If I could, I wouldn’t talk about it so much.
            So please just do me a favor, and watch this video. I know it wont make anyone cry like it made me, unless you’ve read them and are attached as I am. But still, this trailer is the best and the most emotional one so far. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment