Monday, January 9, 2012

To Those Millionaires Out There

Alright so I have a very big issue. You know those commercials on T.V. when they play sad music and show either puppies or kittens that need a home or are sick, and children in third world countries that have no food and water that isn’t clean? Well, those commercials just make me so mad. Actually, for one they make me sad, I think I actually occasionally tear up if I see a baby kitten or a hurt dog that looks sad. But the trouble with those commercials is that they ask you to pay like 15 dollars a month for them. Which in retrospect isn’t all that much, but c’mon. I’m a college kid; I don’t have 15 dollars a month to be giving away. It’s likely that I’m going to be in debt after college!
            Then I tell myself, well Sydney, you didn’t have to go buy those five books the other day just for your enjoyment. That was 35 dollars right there. Two months for a child, puppy, or kitty. And if I think too hard about it I start feeling all guilty for the things I buy for myself. I didn’t need to get that Twix bar the other day, that skirt, though it looked damn good on me, probably wasn’t worth the 25 dollars that I could be giving to someone who needs it. So I’ve come up with a brilliant plan: all those millionaires and billionaires out there should spend some of their money on these things. And I know a lot of them do already, a lot of actors and actresses, you always see them on the commercials, or pictures of them at a charity event in People Magazine or something. But I know that there are also a lot of people out there who probably just keep it to themselves and not share the wealth for those who are less fortunate. And by less fortunate I don’t mean me, the college kid, I actually mean those animal shelters and those kids in other countries who are dying or close to it. So, for now, I’ll try not to feel too bad about those probably unnecessary things that I buy. None of the things I buy are completely outrageous so I shouldn’t feel guilty about them…should I? Maybe I should, but I’m going to try not to!
            That’s all I have to say about that topic.

            First day of classes. I think I’m really going to like this semester. I’ll definitely be kept busy, but that’ll keep me on track and be good for me. All of my teachers are guys so far, not that I have a problem with that. Just noting. I don’t think any of my classes will be too boring. Gened might be. But at least I know a lot of people in that class. And it turns out my “public speaking” class isn’t really a public speaking class, thank goodness. I don’t think they should require public speaking as a class. Its ridiculous. Some people are amazing at it, and some people are okay. I’m HORRIBLE at it. My voice gets shaky, sometimes my eyes water, my face turns the color of a tomato and I know it does which makes it turn even more red. Its awful. So, I’m glad that I don’t have to go through that. So there’s that.
            Also, my mommy found the video of the professional bowler who fell, its pretty funny so watch it:
          Pro Bowler Fall 

No comments:

Post a Comment