Thursday, February 2, 2012

February? Really?

            February. Wow. Time really flies by unbelievably fast. I’m 19 now and I only have three months left in my first year of college. Before I know it I’ll be out in the working world and eventually have a family or something. But I’m getting way ahead of myself now. Now I’ve been wavering on what I want my major to be. I still love psychology but I’ve been realizing more and more how much I love literature and English. Maybe I’ll take a journalism class. But next year I get to spend it with amazing roommates and then the following year I think I’d like to study abroad for at least a semester but we’ll see. I have awhile to decide for sure. And then after that maybe move to the west side? We’ll see how things go. Lookin’ forward to the future!
            And in the immediate future there is a special day coming up. One of flowers and chocolates and kisses and the colors pink and red, yes I am talking about Valentines day. Bleh. It’s just a ridiculous holiday. And I’m not saying that because I’m not in a relationship. I mean I guess it might be more meaningful when you’re older. And I liked it a lot when I was younger. Getting to pick out your valentines and candy that you get to give to all your classmates. Quality stuff right there. I guess it can be fun. I just don’t think it should be as big of a deal as people make it. Like, yeah I plan on watching some sappy movies and eating chocolate. But let’s be honest, Valentines day is definitely not the only day I do that. I’m a chocolate fan. That’s one reason I do like Valentines day. But let’s not make it a big deal people. If you have a sweetheart go out and have fun or stay in and cuddle, but don’t freak out if your significant other doesn’t do something spectacular. That’s expecting too much. Just enjoy each other’s company. J I’m just most excited because The Vow is coming out that Friday before Valentines Day and I am definitely going to see that. Love Rachel McAdams. She is amazing, to say the least. Not that I’ve met her or anything. But still, I’m sure she is amazing.
            Speaking of Valentines day, and perfect timing, gay marriage is now official here in good ol’ Washington state. Exciting stuff, right? It’s about damn time. This is the twenty-first century here people. I honestly don’t understand how there is STILL so much racism and prejudice against different people. It really makes no sense to me. I love everybody. Well okay, if you are a slow walker, MOVE FASTER. But other than that, I tend to enjoy the company of human kind, and animals too, obviously. There’s no need for haters out there. Grow up. Get over yourself. Everyone has different opinions. You know it’s actually been said, and I say that because I cant say whether or not its true, but I’ve heard that there is actually a gene in your DNA that will decide whether or not you are gay or straight. Interesting stuff. Not that you have to have some gene to make it right. Because either way I support it. Do as you please. Just no PDA people, to everyone, gay, straight, bi. I don’t need to see that crap. Maybe a little peck on the lips. But let’s not hump and grind in public. You can save that for after hours. Embrace but within reason.
            Well enough with the controversial stuff (that really shouldn’t be controversial). I’m excited to go home and see the fam this weekend. I’m trying to get my mommy to go with me to that new scary movie. Scary, huh? I’ll be the judge of that. I’m kind of a horror movie freak. Love ‘em. And then Super Bowl, yeah? That should be good fun. Well, I don’t have class till 2:50 but I should probably at least try to sleep. Don’t want to throw off my sleeping schedule again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment