Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Music Heals the Soul

            I was having some real issues today. I left my keys in my room when I went to class but I got lucky because Chanel’s class just happened to get cancelled so she was there. But then as I was walking up the stairs, inside, I ate it and hurt my poor wittle hand. Scraped it up. Yes, I’m a baby. I don’t care what anyone thinks. My next issue was, I was looking up tickets for the Hunger Games because they go on sale in like…an HOUR! But I got myself all excited looking up show times because I was like…Hell yeah I’m going to see The Hunger Games, but really, I’m just buying the tickets a month in advance. So, I still have a month. My heart started beating really fast and everything. And finally, the wind will not freaking stop blowing so hard. Normally I don’t mind the wind all that much, but Chanel and I usually sleep with our windows open because we like it nice and cool. But when the wind blows, even with the windows closed, the windows shake loudly. And when we do open the windows, they shake and they make our door shake and it just makes it nearly impossible to sleep. But I also hate sleeping in warmth. I like the cool breeze the night usually brings in…not the 100 mph winds like tonight. Another thing to add to my hardships today: I temporarily just thought I lost my hearing because I only had one headphone in. I just need this day to be over. I mean it wasn’t a bad day, just a few struggles to handle. Nothing too much for me to take, though.
            I think I’m just in a good mood because I finally got in a really good workout today. Or maybe it just felt like a good workout because it’s been like a week and a half and I am already out of shape or something. Either way, it felt nice and I think I’ll sleep a lot better tonight…so long as this ridiculous wind doesn’t keep me up. If I can just get to sleep, I most likely wont hear it. I just need to be able to fall asleep, which might be difficult.
            I love music. I absolutely love it. There is exactly one song at least for any type of situation or mood or feeling that you could go through. Feel good, feel shitty, just bored, getting pumped, homework music, literally everything. I definitely go through periods of time when I just stop listening to music, but I also go through times when I listen to it for every step I take. I hate it when people ask what my favorite song or artist or genre of music is, because it differs day to day. I find a new song that I am in love with, or an old song that I completely forgot about and I’ll sit there and listen to it over and over again until I know every beat by heart. There are songs that I love to listen to, to get myself pumped up for a night out. There are songs that I listen to when I’m having the worst day ever. And then there are those songs that I will always love, no matter how many times I listen to it (i.e. every single Taylor Swift song). There are a million songs that, when I listen to them, I remember the moment when I first heard it, or that period of time when I just loved the heck out of that song. And I’m sure everyone who loves music experiences this, but I just thought I’d reiterate the idea aloud, or in writing. My only downside to music is the fact that I hate that I can’t sing. Correction: I can sing. I can sing the heck out of any song that I know all of the words to. Britney Spears: Oops I did it again; know every word to that entire album. And boy can I sing them. And many other songs/artists. What I mean is, I wish I had a good voice. It would make singing so much better. I mean I still love singing, especially in the car. That’s when you’d find me at my best. But I’m sure, to other people, my voice sounds awful. But that’s never going to stop me from singing it. And I’m fairly sure that the girls in the room next to mine dislike me very much because whenever my roommate is gone, you will definitely find me belting out songs at the top of my lungs. That, or napping. I used to be in choir. I don’t know what happened, or maybe I never sounded good in the first place. I am happy I was in it though, because it helped me teach myself to play the piano. And Johnny had been playing it recently, making me want to take it up again. So maybe I’ll do that. Just another thing I need to add to my list of things to do. But here’s some of my favorite songs, if anyone is interested.

  • Better With You- Five Times August
  • Come on Get Higher- Matt Nathanson
  • What’s My Age Again?- Blink-182
  • You’re a God- Vertical Horizon
  • Fire and Rain- James Taylor
  • Wondering Where You Are- Tyrone Wells
  • EVERY SINGLE TAYLOR SWIFT SONG
  • Then- Brad Paisley
  • Me and You- Kenny Chesney
  • Just kidding…Every Kenny Chesney Song
  • Run- George Strait
  • Something Like That- Tim McGraw
Now these are nowhere near all of my favorite songs, but they are just the ones that I always come back to and could never, ever hear enough. I told you I like to make lists. So this is one of them. I wish I could say every single song that I like, but I guess if you’re interested you could look at my playlists on Spotify, because they have a large majority of my favorite songs.
            I just love music. Love, love, LOVE it. J

No comments:

Post a Comment